Another story about Goldie, PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by auto5man, Mar 19, 2012.

1. auto5man

auto5man Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    Memphis
    First of all, for a little background on my chicken Goldie, here is the link to another story I posted about her...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/556905/sweet-chicken-story-update

Since I posted that story, Goldie finally decided to permanently join her flock mates full-time a couple months back. She gradually showed more and more interest in the outside roost and finally one night she just went in with the others...She's been roosting outside ever since.

Today though, she decided to get back some of her house chicken form! Here she is at the door, my wife noticed her pecking VERY insistently at the glass door. "Peck Peck PECK peck, pa PECK peck pa pa pa peck peck!" says Goldie....
    [​IMG]

So of course my wife lets her in. Well, Goldie first hops up on the recliner looking somewhat anxious and distressed, then she hopped/flew over on the coffee table, and then onto a blanket that she spied on the couch....she just nestled right in:

[​IMG]

I usually don't let the chickens stay inside for more than a minute or so if they are curious enough to come inside...but Goldie just seemed pretty intent on staying right there. So I walked in the kitchen for a few minutes making some coffee. When I came back in the den, I noticed....Yep, you guessed it! Look carefully underneath her:
    [​IMG]

Goldie LAID AN EGG RIGHT ON MY COUCH!!!!

[​IMG]

Goldie was quite proud of herself, but ready to go back outside...so she did. I was left in shock with an egg on the couch! The kids thought it was great and couldn't stop laughing.
    [​IMG]

The End

(apologies for the poor quality cellphone photos)

2. mehzibus

mehzibus Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2011
    [​IMG]I was napping on my bed, and my daughter bought in Princess for a visit. Princess just bedded right down, snuggled into me and shared my nap.

3. auto5man

Jul 27, 2011
    Memphis
    very cute!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Go Goldie! Careful now, she may go broody on that couch!

5. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Adorable! :love

6. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine

:lau She would be there for 3 weeks!! :lol:

7. calvincoop

calvincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    Haha what a great story!!!!!:lol:

8. auto5man

Jul 27, 2011
    Memphis
    thanks for the feedback everyone, I'm glad you liked my story. She has been one awesome chicken from day one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by