Another Stray Kitten!-----UPDATE 10/23/11---Kitten has a new home.

drdoolittle

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 30, 2010
NE Indiana
So, I already have 2 outdoor kittens that a friend's BF found in the middle of a busy city street while going to work early one morning last month. Now, on Friday evening while I'm at the Eagle's relaxing with Hubby, I get a phone call from my 12-year-old son----who's spending the night with a friend. He says, "Do you want a kitten?" What?!? Well, he and his frioend were out running around town and found a tiny kitten just walking down the sidewalkly. This poor thing is probably no more than 6 weeks old---if that. Of course I took her------my son named her "Mr. Mau", thinking it was a male----his friend's mom had told them to just put the kitten back where they found it! They tried that, and she just went right out into the street. Well, here are pics. of her with my other 2-----she makes them seem huge!

Mr./Miss Mau with Rocky
64357_goatsflowers_282.jpg

Miss Mau and Nova (who's finally accepting her this morning)
64357_goatsflowers_283.jpg

All three together
64357_goatsflowers_284.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it's possibly a Maine Coon. They are very social but you'll have to brush it when it sheds out and even still it will get a matt or two. Ours is the best cat I've ever had.

As it was, she had fleas and worms-----I wormed her as soon as I got her home, and she got a flea bath and flea prevenative put on her. I sorta' have an idea of who she belonged to----a woman in town who supposedly had 16 cats or so and now told my hubby she got rid of them all. She works at the local shelter for godsake! The only animals she told me she has are 2 pitbulls----probably from the shelter, but my son's friend said she also has a couple of chihuahuas-----I think she feels sorry for the animals at the shelter, and takes them home but doesn't have the resources to care for them. This kitten was pretty much out in front of her house when the kids found it. Of course, someone who knows she works at the shelter could have dumped it there too-----maybe she didn't get rid of all her cats by just letting them loose but took them back to the shelter.

Three potential mousers! Just what you'll need for the coming months when mice are trying to get into your feed due to lack of food during the upcoming winter months.

Yes, that's exactly why I ended up with Nova and Rocky----people at work heard I was looking for barn cats. I'm also getting 2 of watchdogps's kittens in Nov.-----Hubby doesn't know about them, but I doubt he'll even realise they're here for a couple of months. I just figure they'll help keep each other warm, and all of them will be altered, so no kittens running around feral.

That kitten is adorable!
I'm so glad you took her in.
There was a time when we had 8 cats living in our pole barn...
We lived on a snowmobile trail at the time and people would drop their pregnant cats or just plain unwanted cats off in our woods....
I'm sure we had more than 8...I don't know...it was terrible though.
We felt we had to take care of all of them and we did our best and slowly took them to shelters....
My Mom didn't want to take them to the shelter...so many cats without homes and all.
Anyhow!
She's beautiful!
Lucky to have you taking care of her too!
Your other cats are lovely as well! ^_^

Back
Top Bottom