Another stupid candling question....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Farm Frenzy, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I have an EE egg that I put into my incubator. It's day 3, and there is a little black blob floating around in the egg, but I can't see any veins. Is that because of the darker green shell, or what does that mean exactly.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    that means it is growing and if you keep it up you will have fuzzy buts in 18 days

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice job!!! If you candle again at around day 7 or so, you will probably be able to see the veining. Those darn EE, Araucana, and Ameraucana eggs can be a pain to candle! Of course, it's better not to handle them too much, but I know how hard it is to stay away from them when you first start incubating.

4. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    Thanks guys for the info. The egg is from my chickens, and I just wanted to see if it was fertile because I thought my stud was more of a... dud. But I guess he's doing his job in private!!!! Anyways, I got a total of 3 eggs in the incubator, the other two are only 1 day in. I'll let you know how it goes. Those are BR's.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by