Another successful hatching of shipped eggs

hollyandty

Songster
12 Years
Jun 3, 2009
North Pole, Alaska
OK so the story goes like this ……
I bought 2 dozen eggs for hatching from okiehen in Oklahoma. She emailed that they were on their way on April 5, 2010.
April 13th (yes they were with the post office for 7 days) they arrived at my doorstep via the local carrier.
he.gif
They were well packed and intact but they were over a week old already…. I gave them a rest and then they went into the incubator just to see what would happen.
By May 4th I had 21 wonderful little fuzzy butts running around. Out of the 21 hatched only 6 were little roos.
So in conclusion…… Could I have had any better luck?

Last edited:
Wow you got a great hatch, and lots of pullets. I wish when I hatch them I could get that many pullets. My last hatch on them I got 100% hatch on eggs I shipped and were returned to sender.
I got 5 roosters and 2 pullets.
You had wonderful luck to of had bad luck, My postal worker said next time express mail to Alaska.

Wow! That's excellent and what a wonderful roo to pullet ratio as well!

I definitely don't think you could have done any better than that! Good for you!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I will eat them if they don't sell. Our feed store buys all pullets so there is a market for a roo. I can sex all my chicks so I get left with a lot of roos.

By June 4th? LOL congrats on a great hatch!

hide.gif
OK I was having a moment and wishing for summer I guess.

okiehen - I hope we can do this again next year.​

Back
Top Bottom