another thing that can save you and your family and belongings

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by newchickenmomma, Feb 13, 2007.

1. newchickenmomma

newchickenmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Frankford, NJ
    BEWARE OF PAPER IN THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE

NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKINGS
    (NOT A JOKE)

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating...
    You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside.
    You start the engine and shift into Reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
    When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off.
    They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.
    So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS
    NOW BEING USED....

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away.
    Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail.
    I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women.
    A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Please keep this going.

Thank you.
    Lieutenant Tony Bartolome
    Bureau of Investigations
    Florida Highway Patrol
    P.O. Box 593527 Orlando , FL 32859
    Dawn ~~~NJ~~~

2. broncbuster07

broncbuster07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    Good information! Thanks! [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

That's interesting. Why wouldn't you just take your keys out when you got out? I'd feel weird leaving the key's in the car to get something off my windshield. Like sitting in and buckling up, park and e brake before getting out. Good to know though since I've seen a lot of people leave their cars on while running up to do things out of the cars. I think there's been a few cases of car jacking here where the car was taken with kids inside!

Edit: Becides, paper on the back window would be like a game of how fast do you need to drive to get it to fly off! [​IMG] Safer than pedestrian pinball. j/k

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  4. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    I just checked snopes.com and this so-called email is an urban legend. It is, however, still a good idea to look in your vehicle's windows before entering it.
    carjacking
    Stephanie

5. Betsy

Betsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northeast Indiana
    I saw that via an e-mail a long time ago. However, I think it's good information to know, even though there's some cars ( like mine) where it's difficult to stick a piece of paper on the back window in such a way that it'd stay when you drive off.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by