another use for laying mash

Godsgrl

Ostrich wrangler
12 Years
Aug 27, 2007
at the zoo usually
I thought this was kinda odd.... I found it on Thriftyfun.com

Use Chicken Feed as Kitty Litter
For an outstanding scoopable, clumping, odor controlling cat litter, try using chicken feed or chick starter crumbles. This is available at feed stores and farm and home stores. It costs about $10.00 for a forty pound bag. I kept my old clay scoopable cat litter jugs and pour it into them. One bag will fill five of the twenty pound litter jugs.
We have 38 inside cats and we have cut our litter bill by two thirds. I feel that this does a better job of controlling odor than the clay scented litter. My only recommendation to ease litter box cleaning is a litter scoop called "Litter Lifter" you can find them on a Google search. This scoop is great with any litter, no more shaking the scoop, the clean litter just falls through the scoop.

Quote:
wow -- i bet you do know cat litter savings tips....

i have two indoor/outdoor cats -- go through very little litter but the chick starter for a back up is nice to know.

We have a cat that the vet has been trying to figure out what she is allergic to.ii think I will try this out.we have tried everything else.how does it work on odor control?

Quote:
wow -- i bet you do know cat litter savings tips....

i have two indoor/outdoor cats -- go through very little litter but the chick starter for a back up is nice to know.

Oh no, this ISN'T ME! I found this on thrifty fun.com. I only have 4 cats. 38 is just insane.

Quote:
This gave me a giggle.

My neighbor told me he had heard once on the radio that the true sign of crazy is 25 or more cats.
lol.png
So his wife was allowed 24 and not one more.

you can put some baking soda on the bottom then your kitty litter then some more baking soda on top dont mix the cat will

I feel VERY stupid asking this - but what the heck is Chicken Mash!!
When I made Mash for my chickens I got a pie pan and put laying pellets in it and added a little water and stired'er up and added different treats to it for the chooks?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom