Another USPS Rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pips&peeps, Nov 25, 2008.

1. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    So, I shipped two boxes of birds yesterday. One cockerel to Virginia and one across the state to Tacoma with a trio of wheatens in it.

The cockerel made it to Virginia by about 9:00 am PCT, but the one to Tacoma has mysteriously disappeared.

The dock workers at USPS (Spokane) took the box to the Fed Ex Dock and they were put on a plane last night around 8:30 pm and have not been seen since. They have missed three meals now, as I fill up their bowls twice a day. They are only about 10 weeks old, or should I say were. [​IMG]

Why the freak can't they come up with a better tracking system?? These poor little birdies are suffering or have suffered and are gone.

If they should up somewhere they weren't supposed to be, why can't someone just scan the darn things so they can be located? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Poor little chickies!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I know how upsetting this is!

4. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Yeah, The USPS can sometimes #*!#!!! I hope the chicks are found and still alive. You would think since its the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE that they would get their #%!* together, and fix these problems, since you are NOT the only one who has had this problem, doesn't our tax money pay for this service, then they constantly raise the rates, but give you crappier service, GO FIGURE!!!!!

5. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Well, the problem actually lies with Fed Ex as they do not scan and treat the live animals as cargo only.

They need to be able to scan the box and have the USPS tracking number work in their system too. Just so it shows it got on a plane in BFE and arrived at BFEE.....

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    So sorry!! Now correct me if I am wrong but I thought I had read on here, many times, that FedEx and UPS do not ship live birds?? I pray they show up tomorrow!! Please keep us posted.

7. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Jean, I know personally how frustrating this is. I had some chicks shipped from Indiana, and they spent two days still in the state. Plus the USPS managed to lose two of my older bird shipments. The older birds reached their destinations alive, but the chicks did not fare as well.

ozark hen: Fed Ex is the contract carrier for all the USPS. When they got the mail contract they were not going to take live birds. The Bird Shippers of America went after them and they finally relented. I sometimes think they deliberatly kill a few just get even.

8. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Fed Ex is contracted to carry the mail for the USPS which includes lives.

9. pips&peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Quote:I have another trio of buffs..... if you can find someone to pick them up for you. I know they will make it across the US, but not across the State.

10. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Jean
    I will find out today if someone will pick up the birds for me in Columbia. I don't know exactly the procedure I need to gto though to get them to call me from there I was up there once soon after I moved here and it is huge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by