Another Video

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Uncle Marc, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Uncle Marc

Uncle Marc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Poplar Grove Kentucky
    Just an update to our new project.

Today we took down the old coop and officially ended the "out with the old" phase of our endeavor.

As we continue to learn from all of our new friends here at BYC, just thought we'd share the fun of it all, along the way.

2. chickens? not yet

chickens? not yet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Kingman, AZ.
    Great job!! Great to see a hard working man there in Ky.!! I'm from Paducah, well Ballard county, I've been in Az. for about 25 years and thinking about going back to Ky. I miss the garden and I need a barn!! lol Keep up the keep up the work! Will keep an eye on you'! Great job!!
    Connie Thomas Scoggin

3. 7&8

7&8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Maine
    [​IMG] How fun is that! Thank you!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you build. I'm not sure I know what "open air" means? I don't know what winters are like in Kentucky, and I'm wondering about night time predation. I'll stay tuned! [​IMG]

Oh, and nice work, Travis! I wish I could borrow you for a day! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. Uncle Marc

Uncle Marc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Poplar Grove Kentucky
    "Open Air" is the phrase I use to describe a "Woods" type coop. Here is the link that sent me in that direction.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=445004&p=1

I've since gotten the book, studied a bunch of alternatives and thanks to the good folks here at BYC, I am now a devotee of that method of raising chickens.

5. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    I think it will be fantastic. Good to see fellow Bluegrass folk. Im originally from Scott Co.(Georgeton) and my family is still over in Washington Co.(Springfield). Unfortunately, im stuck over on the east coast, but do have plans to make my way back to KY; husband or not [​IMG]

6. beach livin'

beach livin' Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2011
    Manteo
    chickens? not yet :

Great job!! Great to see a hard working man there in Ky.!! I'm from Paducah, well Ballard county, I've been in Az. for about 25 years and thinking about going back to Ky. I miss the garden and I need a barn!! lol Keep up the keep up the work! Will keep an eye on you'! Great job!!
    Connie Thomas Scoggin

I have family that is from Paducah, and spent many summers that side of the state. Much time spent at Kentucky Lake as a child. Fond memories to last a lifetime. Nothing like going back home. I hope you make it back to Paducah.​

7. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    lol i love your video brought back memories of my dad giving me a huge pile of boards to pull the nails out. The chainsaw is just an added bonus. [​IMG]

8. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    enjoyed watching your video!!! looks like beautiful country out there!!! [​IMG]

9. chickens? not yet

chickens? not yet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Kingman, AZ.
    beach livin' :

chickens? not yet :

Connie Thomas Scoggin

I have family that is from Paducah, and spent many summers that side of the state. Much time spent at Kentucky Lake as a child. Fond memories to last a lifetime. Nothing like going back home. I hope you make it back to Paducah.​

Thank U! Ky Lake was a wonderful place to be. My husband doesn't want to go back but our son & grandson are there so I may go back for awhile to just be with them! Good to met you!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by