another washington chicken lover

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NightCode, Sep 7, 2010.

1. NightCode

NightCode Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    I will be brief I’m new to raising chickens. Let me say it was my wife’s idea to get them then after a month it became my responsibility. Go figure... anyways we love them and after reading so much about them, I feel like a chicken with his head cut off. (No pun attended) there is just so MUCH. Anyways I love this site and the people are funny and good. I will be back a lot. We started with 6 chicks and now they’re 4-5months old and now we have 9 totaling all together. After all I have read about introducing new chicks to the flock I found it to be interesting but different to every situation. Just recently I added 2 2month olds to the 4-5months and they are doing fine. And then I add the new 3 which I would guess are 3months and there no problem it’s like they didn’t skip a beat. I just wish everyone has this good of luck with introducing young chicks with an existing flock.

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] from East Tennessee!!!

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    [​IMG] From Western Washington State.

You will find soon that there are very few rules when it come to chickens, and that you will learn what works for you soon enough. It is very nice to have a good resource like BYC handy though.

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  5. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from south carolina/ fla. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Renton

Lots of us Washingtonians here. Come visit with us on the Washingtonians thread on the Where are you forum

Nice people there.

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by