Another water wiggler question.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JimnJanet, May 3, 2008.

1. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    I am using an Accurite hygrometer/thermometer from walmart.The model with the outside sensor. Do i want to put that sensor inside the wiggler ?And if so, Do i go by the inside temp (the ambient temp in the bator which would be the inside temp reading on the unit) or do i go by the temp from the sensor inside the wiggler (outside temp on the unit) ? I'm sorry for askin soooo many questions about this temp stuff. Sheeeew it is sooo much easier to do snake eggs, jist stick 'em on some damp vermiculite in a warm closet and fergit 'em.
    But now that all you chicken folk got us hooked into this wonderfull lifestyle *sniker* , as long as we got a roo and hens a layin we will keep at it till we git it right. [​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    You put the probe from the thermometer INSIDE the water wriggler (the probe that you would usually run out a window to get the outside temp)

Then you read the temps for the 'OUT' setting on the thermometer and you are aiming for 99.5 average temps for the WW/Probe/OUT temp.

If you put the whole thermometer in the bator, that's fine - then you can read the humidity too. BUT if you leave the thermometer outside of the bator and just run the probe in there, then you'll hav to have a separate hygrometer to measure humidity in the bator.

Good luck!!

3. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Thank you Susan, dat's what i kind o' figgered.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by