another 'what are they' post..a few of my girls need 'id'ing :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, May 20, 2010.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    ok heres a few shots of some my girls..any idea if any are a particular 'breed'? i think i have a marans in there, she lays dark reddish/brown eggs [​IMG] another gives white eggs..another speckled and the others are all usual brown colour..
    id particularly like IDing the big white hen, the hen in pic 1, the black hen with 'gold flecks' on her chest (sorry the pics of her are not so clear, shes hiding behind the group) and the broody on the nest [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    first is a cuckoo Maran Hen

3. Backyard_Chicken_rancher

Backyard_Chicken_rancher Chillin' With My Peeps

The white one you have is a Delaware and it lays normal "Brown Eggs"
    The Red one you have is aRhode Island red or a "Production red" I am willing to say Rhode if she is Broody either way they lay normal "Brown Eggs" .

I hope this helps you out

GOOD LUCK to you

4. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    thank you [​IMG]

5. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    what a beautiful roo you have [​IMG]

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    First is a cuckoo marans hen.
    The white one looks to be a light sussex.

7. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    Quote:thank you [​IMG] his name is Hamster and is such a darling [​IMG] he was bred as a singing rooster (for gambling) but when he stopped singing the owner dumped him in our field.
    since being with the girls he started singing more than ever and his previous owner wanted him back (to go 'singing' with!)
    we said no he's ours now!

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Wow, did you come and steal my chickens?? [​IMG] I swear, I have one just like #1, 2 like the big buff-colored hen (1 rosecomb, one straight), and 2 like your black sex-link, the hen that is very dark with gold or red on her neck. I even have a large bantam hen that looks just like your broody!

I think your white hen is a Delaware, though could be light sussex, I've not seen them enough to know what they look like. That is great news that #1 is a cuckoo marans, I have been trying to figure out what my hen is! I just thought she was a BR mix [​IMG]

I think the buff hen might be a sex-link of some sort, probably golden comet or something to that effect. Pretty birds!

ETA: the white hen is probably not a Delaware come to think of it, they should have barring in their tail feathers I believe [​IMG]
    I don't know which one you would be getting white eggs from, maybe the smaller one (black)??

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  9. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    I think they are all beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by