Another "What is this chick?" deal . . .

fowltemptress

Frugal Fan Club President
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Nope
I never thought I'd ask a "What is this chick?" question, but . . . well, what is this chick? I recently hatched a bunch of chicks, and due to poor planning I gave away all but one. I picked up this chick at TSC to keep my lone chick company. I know my TSC gets its chicks from Ideal Poultry, and the chick has a single comb and has the skinniest build I've ever seen on a chick. I'm usually drawn to loose feathered, hugable looking chickens, so this skinny little non fluffy thing is rather foreign to me. Based on Ideal's website I was thinking Dutch, old English, or modern bantams, but I'm having the hardest time finding pictures of the chicks of those breeds to compare.

Okay, my opening is getting a little long winded . . . I'll move on to the picture now . . .

DSC_1574.jpg

It actually looks fluffier in the picture . . . I guess it's true about cameras adding weight.
tongue.png

fowltemptress, It's looks to be an Old English Game. I have 5 of those that look like that one and their parents are old OEG.
Picture102.jpg

Last edited:
Nope. Ideal doesn't offer those as bantams, and even if they did and I missed it somehow this little guy is fully half the size of the silkie chick it's in with. I'm sure bantam Delawares or rocks would make a larger sized chick. I crossed off all the "large" bantam breeds right away . . . it sure helped to narrow the possibilities list down.

That crop does make it look like it's about to fall forward onto its face, doesn't it?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom