Another whopper from our White Plymouth Rock hen.

Ouch!
ep.gif
Twins?
I have a RSL that occasionally gives me double yolkers, her largest weighed 3.9oz..
Here's one I ate yesterday...
big_smile.png
It weighed in at 3.8oz.

She laid one last year that was 3.4 oz and it was a double yolk. This one most likely is as well. I just can't imagine how she produces an egg that size in one day and then comes back the next day with another X-L egg.

Here's my hen. I've gotten 6 big double yolkers from her. All the other times I've gotten doubles from her she wouldn't lay the day before or the day after. Not this time! One egg a day always jumbos I call her Queen B :) I really like your hen I want to add a couple white hens to my flock. Edited to add I have had her since November.

Last edited:
Ouch!
ep.gif
Twins?
I have a RSL that occasionally gives me double yolkers, her largest weighed 3.9oz..
Here's one I ate yesterday...
big_smile.png
It weighed in at 3.8oz.

Yes, Red Sex Links overlay the white rocks and may lay bigger eggs. But, bear in mind that hybrid layers are ADDICTED to the commercial feed and cover a small amount of their big in density needs by pasture.

White rocks are less sensitive to feed density and need less balance. They also adapt the outside environment much better andcover a bigger amount of their needs by foraging.

Back
Top Bottom