Anti Naked Neck Society

Which you prefer, Naked Neck or Buff Orpingtons?

• Total voters
Pics
Naked Necks.

Officially the world's ugliest chickens! 😄
Who else has that vomity feeling when they look at them?

Any supporters of such things?
Im not Hoping to start riots but just to get a small gathering of BYC barmy army members together.

There was a Buff Hate thread which is fair enough but Come on guys, who likes a naked neck? No one in their right mind.

Bombs away!

Rules:
No linking of other threads supporting the breed.
No rude comments to other members.

all who wish to rant please come on in.
I love the NNs! They are great birds and you’ll never see a chick cuter than a Turken. Only ducklings surpass them in adorableness.

I agree. NNs are my favorite chicken of all so of course I think the babies are even better.
Yeah that’s totally understandable!!! I bet their personalities are great! I have all different breeds so I can’t be tied down to one particular breed nor can I choose 😂🤣🙈

For me though, I just don’t do well with naked animals haha I’m the same way with cats, dogs, rats, etc. It’s just weird to me to be petting skin 😂🙈

But maybe it would be different with chickens considering they’re not fully naked.

Yeah that’s totally understandable!!! I bet their personalities are great! I have all different breeds so I can’t be tied down to one particular breed nor can I choose 😂🤣🙈

For me though, I just don’t do well with naked animals haha I’m the same way with cats, dogs, rats, etc. It’s just weird to me to be petting skin 😂🙈

But maybe it would be different with chickens considering they’re not fully naked.
Maybe someday!
Honestly, I adored my RIR girls but a lot of people say they’re mean and such. My girls were comfortable with me but we had boundaries lol. And my Australorp was a sweet girl and the babies loved her. There are a lot of great breeds out there. Turkens worked well for me because of the heat.

Maybe someday!
Honestly, I adored my RIR girls but a lot of people say they’re mean and such. My girls were comfortable with me but we had boundaries lol. And my Australorp was a sweet girl and the babies loved her. There are a lot of great breeds out there. Turkens worked well for me because of the heat.
Yeah I may have to try them one day! I loved my Australorps! I just recently had to put my last one down because she just was not doing well, think she was sick, and was getting picked on. It was sad as I really loved her and she loved chicks! Any and all chicks LOL so good with them!! I’d love more Australorps. Meanwhile my Partridge Rock has zero personality unlike my BR I had so idk if I’d get another Partridge. And the Orps while sweet are kind of dumb :oops: absolutely love my Leghorn and Delaware though and while not technically a “breed,” my Easter Eggers have been amazing. I’ve had 3 and then 2 that were half EE haha and I have a couple that are 1/4 EE now. 😁

Yeah I may have to try them one day! I loved my Australorps! I just recently had to put my last one down because she just was not doing well, think she was sick, and was getting picked on. It was sad as I really loved her and she loved chicks! Any and all chicks LOL so good with them!! I’d love more Australorps. Meanwhile my Partridge Rock has zero personality unlike my BR I had so idk if I’d get another Partridge. And the Orps while sweet are kind of dumb :oops: absolutely love my Leghorn and Delaware though and while not technically a “breed,” my Easter Eggers have been amazing. I’ve had 3 and then 2 that were half EE haha and I have a couple that are 1/4 EE now. 😁
I’m sorry you had to put your Aussie down, that really sucks! Honestly, you’re not the first person to say that Orps aren’t bright lol. At least they have sweet going for them.
I had a Silver Dorking that was super sweet and adopted chicks readily. She was so good with them! They’re beautiful too.
I have ducks now though and adore them! Runners and White Layers. I found some Black Runner/Blue Swedish drakes, I’m waiting to hear if there are any available still, might go get one tomorrow.

I had a Silver Dorking that was super sweet and adopted chicks readily. She was so good with them! They’re beautiful too.

Dorkings!! :love Dorkings are the best! My absolute favorite breed! Sweetest, cuddliest, dorkiest birds there are. 🥰

I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thinks those naked neck chicks are the cutest! 😍

Back
Top Bottom