Antibiotic dosage for day old to 2 week old chicks?

So my broody hen gave my day old to 2 week old chicks respiratory infections and most of them have it. How would I go about treating them for it since they're too small for injections?
Not sure if you’re aware of this, but regardless, I’m going to say it anyways.

Birds infected with a respiratory disease (except Aspergillosis and Infectious Bronchitis), will be forever infected with the disease. They will carry it for life and shed and spread it through their feathers, dander, feces, respiratory secretions and other bodily fluids. These diseases are also chronic, meaning that all birds infected that are showing symptoms, will get better, but then become symptomatic again anytime, especially if their stressed. I also highly recommend that you NEVER BREED from your sickly infected flock as you’ll be spreading the disease to others, which if caught, can get you a hefty fine or all birds taken. Some of these respiratory diseases can be transmitted vertically through the eggs from infected parent birds, to the developing embryos, making any chicks that hatch, already infected with the disease. Chicks that hatch sick, will have a slow stunted growth and will always have a slower egg production compared to disease-free birds.

Back
Top Bottom