Antibiotics at TSC??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LaynaDon95, Feb 29, 2012.

1. LaynaDon95

LaynaDon95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

One of my chickens is sick and I found the link above. I think it's Necrotic Enteritis. That best describes her symptoms.
    My question is, it says it needs to be treated with antibiotics. I have heard they have them some TSC that are ok for chickens, but is NE sensitive to them? How much do they cost and what are they called? Are they for chickens or just ok for them?

ANY info on TSC antibiotics is helpful! I need it ASAP. Thank you in advance for all your help.

2. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    Anyone at all? I really need to know soon, so any information at all you may have about them would be appreciated.

3. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
    I got a packet of Duramycin at TSC. It was only I think $5.00 or so for the powder that you mix in water. It is a broad spectrum type antibiotic, I think. I have it on hand in case I need it. Not sure what else they carry. You might do a search on here for antibiotics and see what's out there then compare to what TSC carries.

4. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    I did search a little bit ago and that's what I came up with. I'll be getting it this evening. Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate it. :)

5. GREAT link to sickness. thanks for it.

6. amberoxo

amberoxo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2007
    im not sure if it would help this situation, but they have tylan, its an antibiotic.

7. LaynaDon95

Jan 18, 2012
    Texas
    No problem. I have it bookmarked. ;)

I got Duramycin. I have that and corid in her water to cover all my bases. She's doing pretty well. Her appetite has picked up and she's put on a little weight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by