antibotic for bumblefoot

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by arkansaschicks, Jun 19, 2010.

1. arkansaschicks

arkansaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    little rock
    I wanted to know what is the best antibotic to get for bumblefoot? Over the last couple of months I keep finding a chicken with a slightly swollen foot and a sore on the bottom. I open them up, clean them out. I then put antibotic cream on it and then bandage it up. So far so good but in the case where I find one that is really bad or does not get well I would love to have the proper antibotic on hand to start then on. Also what is a good, reputable website where I can go to order online? Also where is the best website to order DE?
    Thanks!!!!

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    From what I have read antibiotic's really don't help with bumblefoot, I hope someone who has had more experience with this will post. I just dealt with my 1st case of bumblefoot.

3. arkansaschicks

arkansaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    little rock
    I don't know either.Bumblefoot is like a staph infection I wonder if Bactroban cream would work. That is what is given to people for a staph sore but I don't know if you could use it on a chicken. I just had heard if the bumblefoot gets real bad and you have to really open the sore up then you need to start them on an antibotic. What treatment did you do for your bumblefoot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by