Antique Incubator Rebuilding

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HappyHatch'en, Feb 4, 2009.

1. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Does anyone know anything about an incubator called: \\
    Favorite Incubator Model 1200 made by Leahy Manufacturing Co., Missouri?
    I'm in the process of restoring it, looking for manual, ideas, what is it worth, pictures of yours, suggestions....otherwords anything you have regarding knowledge of this unit...I've been told it was the Cadillac of Incubators back in the 60's. 21"w x 46"dx54"h - 8 trays - made out of 2" redwood walls, top and bottom.
    Thanks folks and happy hatching!

2. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    I don't know anything about it, but it sound intriguing, could you post a pic?

3. HappyHatch'en

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    I took a bunch of pic's and my Boxer puppy ate the cord to down load....I'm off to somewhere to get a new one....and hope I can figure out how to down load a pic.

4. minna

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    LOL! Sorry that is funny. You need a card reader, it is soo much easier. Posting pics is easy, you can use the photouploader here, or photobucket.com is what I prefer.

5. HappyHatch'en

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    You are asking a lot from me now...I just got a cell phone yesterday and have no idea how to operate the remote on the new LCD. Went Wally- World, they didn't have a cord....so back to the races.

6. minna

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    [​IMG]:lau:lau:lau

What kind of camera do you have? Does it take a memory card? If so, ask the person at walmart to show you card readers. It pops into your USB, then you stick your memory card into it, and BAM access to your pics. The rest of it, well, congrats on the cell phone welcome to the 21st century, we are glad to have you. And hopefully your tv still has buttons on the side until you figure the remote out.[​IMG]

7. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    call Sunny Creek Farm he specilizes in old incubators,
    218-253-2291 Red Lake MN If there is an answer he can give it to you. he has parts too.

8. HappyHatch'en

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Thanks Wisc. I should have remembered that...I will call them...ordered 2 waffer thermostats/switches from Cutler....look people, I will over-load my simple phamskiddermen, which will make be go bonkers if I play with these computers/cameras.....I have to do it sssllloooowwwwllllyyyyy, maybe by 2012....I just know wood working and that redwood cabinet - Leahy - Favorite Incubator needs to be saved.....sometime old is better than new.....and yes, I'm as good ONCE....as I ever been....problem is once every year....behave you chicken lovers!

9. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:better hurry, though, the guy is 78 years old..[​IMG]

I have spoken with him several times, he is really a good guy.[​IMG]

10. HappyHatch'en

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    He's probably fishing for walleyes on Red Lake...I don't feel like a young chicken either....having L3,L4,L5, S1 fused in the next few weeks....but seriously let's get back to the incubator please....It's a Leahy Manufacturing Co. - Favorite Incubator Model 1200 -
    Does anyone out there know anything about them....It's a huge monster....21w x 54h x 46 d....told it could hold 800-1000 eggs in 8 trays, made from redwood which is 2" thick....beautiful piece of furniture. This thing is the MONSTER BATOR.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by