Antiques....I have this bottle and

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arabianequine, Jan 17, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I got it from some elderly couple. I just liked it and they gave it to me. I think it is really neat.

Is it anything special or just a pretty decoration.

It is an old liquor bottle with a wooden cork top. The clown head comes off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Yeah, a pretty Emmitt Kelly Beam Bottle. I asked the DW, she said it's in the neighborhood of $125.00 retail.
    Good score!

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

whiskey decanters have been collectibles for years. That being said, some are worth $10, others can be worth thousands. It depends on the theme, age, condition, and scarcity. You may be able to google "Emmett Kelly Jim Beam decanter" and see what you come up with. I'd also check auction sites and see if any like the one you have pop up. Some clown collectibles are highly prized; that decanter could be worth more than just a few $$$. [​IMG]
    ETA: the condition of the cork greatly influences the overall value. If the cork is in good condition/intact, the decanter is more valuable.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  4. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Yours is a 1973 bottle, I believe.

Full or empty?

Nice bottle.

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

did a little snooping on a couple of sites. It seems your bottle isn't extremely high in value, but it's very nice, anyway. Many of the collectibles & figurines I keep is not due to their $$ value in someone else's eyes, it's because of how I feel when I look at them. If they make me smile, bring back memories of good times or good friends, or cause me to pause to look at them instead of walking by without a second glance, THAT is value to me!

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Very cool bottle! [​IMG]

7. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    It is an empty bottle.

I am always worried it will get broke like everything in my house [​IMG]

Only like two glass things left in my living room and that is one of them down low anyways. My saint could easily knock it over with her huge tail.

I just liked it and asked for it a few years ago and they said I could have it.

I will look around my self a bit too. If I remember right one of the kids had pulled the top off and the cork had issues I think it came out of the head so we put it back in. I don't mess with it typically know one does and better not.

8. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    It is a a 73 bottle....there is several on ebay right now though.

9. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I have a collection of American Legion Commemorative whiskey bottles. I like them because they're pretty and they remind me of my dad. They're pretty worthless though. [​IMG]

I had once figured saving them would net me something some day, but no joy. Now if they had still been full........

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Just have to find a collector that NEEDS that bottle to get a good price. We sold one just like it for $85.00 in our store a couple months ago, and we are the cheapest antiques and collectible store in our area. I've bought them for around $20.00 in the past.
    We sold an Elvis bottle in December in the auction for over $200.00. It was really only worth around $35.00 acording to the price guides. Two collectors got in to a bidding war.. went stupid.
    I work on commission, so I loved it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by