Ants were eating my soap from Southern28chick!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Morgaine, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    I just went to wash my hands in the half bath where I have a bar of Southern's soap(oatmeal and goat milk) and there were ANTS eating it! had a hole in one courner and everything. WTH! I guess I'm going to ahve to fog the house, which I hate doing, but those small sugar ants are everywhere in here. I usually just deal with them as long as they stay out of the food, but I jsut LOVE her soap so much, in the month that I have been using it, it has really helped clear up my acne. So the little buggers have got to go, although I guess they know a good thing when they see it.

I just took a picture of it, here it is. Anyone ever heard of this happening before?

[​IMG]

2. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Not ants here, but the field mice enjoyed her Lavender & Goat's Milk soap. Will post a pic back here later...

I just love how they chewed through the "window" of the box...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was from my own stupidity and luckily my personal stash.

Dawn

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    LOL! I have never seen that before! My guess is it's a GOOD sign though. The ants wouldn't be eating it if it wasn't all natural!

4. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Thats just weird...but I guess they wouldn't dig in if it wasn't so good!

5. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    Those ants are fairly easy to get rid of. mix some boric acid and sugar in water. Put out sponges filled with it- Just keep it away from children and pets.

6. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    My grandma says corn meal kills them.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    I didn't get it like that. They were eating where I had put in the bathroom. It couldn't ahve been for more than a day or two. Thanks for the advice on how to get rid of them, will definatly try that!

And yes, I think her soap is that good! Love it!

8. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Do you have to fog the house? I know it's alot of trouble that I wouldn't want to go through for a few sugar ants. Is there a container you could put the soap in when you're not using it to keep the ants off. I know that sounds like an inconvenience, but I'd rather do that than the fogging, especially since I'd have to move out a TON of tarantulas first. Not that that is necessarily an issue for you [​IMG]

That does look like YUMMY soap, by the way. Does it really clear up acne that well? I might have to look into getting some.

9. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    My question is....... how did the mouse and ants complexion look? [​IMG]

Maybe she can start marketing it as an alternate food source!

10. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I think if stuff is eating the soap it shows good quality. You won't see anything eating the chemical crud from the store.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by