1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anxious for eggs!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Nicole01, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I'm very anxious for my chicks to lay their first egg! I'm hoping it's soon as I have 3 chicks that are 16 weeks old. My RIR, EE, and Dark Brahma. I imagine the RIR will lay first, then the EE, last the Brahma with the older girls. It's been 2 years since I had my last farm fresh egg. It took only 1 egg for me to realize that it would be awesome to raise my own!

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I am anxious for eggs too. I have 2 production reds, 2 Black Australorps and 2 dark brahmas. They are all 17 weeks old. I can't wait for eggs. I think my production red will be first to lay as her comb is huge.

3. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    You know what they say is that " patience is a virtue" and "persistance pays off" and "good things come to those who wait". Well you know what I say" I NEED EGGS NOW, I CANT MAKE AN OMELETTE WITHOUT THEM!"

Who the heck are"they"anyway and what makes the experts.[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

I am anxious for eggs too. I have 2 production reds, 2 Black Australorps and 2 dark brahmas. They are all 17 weeks old. I can't wait for eggs. I think my production red will be first to lay as her comb is huge.

Your a week ahead of me. Lucky you! It won't be long. I read a post that someone got their first egg from a 15 week old RIR. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  6. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I'm not quite sure how much longer I can stand the wait without exploding!! I check the coop constantly! Please let it be soon. [​IMG] I have a Lavender Orp who is 16 weeks old and very red in the face. 2 Black copper marans and 2 Buff orps who are a bit younger and not quite as red.

7. erinchelsea

erinchelsea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Webster City, IA
    Me too! I just realized my girls will be 16 weeks tomorrow!!! I can't wait! I have a bunch of Wyandottes , a Partridge Rock, Brahmas, Turkens, and one Jersey Giant. Not sure when to expect eggs but I noticed the SLW are getting much more red in their combs lately and they have started sounding more like mature chickens lately.

8. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:Exactly! I have 2 fake eggs in the nest boxes. The chicks look in there to check the eggs out.

My EE and RIR are both red in face and comb.[​IMG]

9. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    Mine are 18 weeks and i am still waiting.....and waiting....[​IMG]

10. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Have any of you guys decided what you are going to do with your first eggs?
    I think I am going to blow mine out and save it forever. But all the rest after that I will eat. [​IMG] I can't wait! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by