any advice first ime baby ducks!

ladyclapp

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 7, 2013
I made a homemade incubator with my toaster oven. I didn't have anything no Styrofoam box nothing but heating pad thermometer light bulb. I have never done this before time was of essence. I have six eggs I rescued from getting frozen I didn't even know my ducks had laid eggs. The weather was cold then warm maybe it tricked them. Anyhow I have no idea what comes next this is day 24 so far I have done everything I read up on.

Can you post a pic of your set-up? You will need to keep the temperature and humidity at the correct levels during incubation, which can be tricky if you don't have a proper incubator, but nothing is impossible! LOL What is the current temperature and humidity?

Hi thank you for replying its at 98 i can't seem the humidity up its a little crazy setup but they are alive. I even have my humidifier on it seems to help some in fact the whole tiny bedroom I made into the incubator it has no Windows in middle of my house. Its been driving crazy trying to figure it out. If this works ill be so relieved I so want to have a chance mom duck is sitting on 15 these were some she just couldn't fit I couldn't ignore them.

My heating pad is on med the low didn't work. now i have to go to work today just praying it will be ok. the cover is just a styrofoam I originally took it off too much heat I didn't want to put them in chest in case I really messed up. plus I had no supplies at the moment to put a fan all the mecanics now its too late I went with what I had. we live in a rural area so going to store is not easy. now we are expecting a storm hope mom duck will be ok my chickens have been safe past snow but first time mom I hope.

Well nothing so far I don't even know exactly what date to put them at. I am really stressed now I want to pick an egg up to see if i can hear anything or see movement I finally got this want to be incubator at tight temp and humity. I don't know what to.

Back
Top Bottom