Any advice for this poop ?

Kiriamd

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2021
I own 12 chickens, my run it’s pretty big and they spend time outside my two acre lot home. Recently I lost a chicken two weeks ago, her symptoms were pale combs, lost weight stopped eating and died. I treated her for cocci and intestinal parasites I think I got it too late. Before that last year 2021 I lost two chickens similar symptoms, I treated them both the same as above, and the both died. Now I’m noticing this yellow mustard poop everywhere so I decided them to treat them but im not using corid, I’m using baycox since I don’t feel corid kills this parasite. And there are no vets around me that have experience with birds, they normally just send antibiotics. I have cleaned the coop and the bedding and kept the ones Separated when I saw them sick at that time, did the same every time.

MY Question is has anyone had issues with this color mustard yellow poop and what is it ? I want to make sure I don’t loose them they are my pets had them for 3 years, love them all, feel horrible when they die.
I read that it can be Cecal discharge, but it can also be something else. help :)
Thank you

Attachments

• 75FD5A2A-A414-4D2A-993C-EFAD02E87248.jpeg
    75FD5A2A-A414-4D2A-993C-EFAD02E87248.jpeg
    863 KB · Views: 19
Unusual poop happens from time to time. That yellow cecal poop can be an indication of worms, but if it only appears occasionally without accompanying symptoms, weight loss, appetite loss, lethargic behavior, it's not really a concern.

Unusual poop happens from time to time. That yellow cecal poop can be an indication of worms, but if it only appears occasionally without accompanying symptoms, weight loss, appetite loss, lethargic behavior, it's not really a concern.
Yes I had 3 passed from weird symptoms.. that’s why I feel is related to the poop.. thank you will treat and deworm

The type of wormer is important. You need one that treats most types of worms. However, if your chickens have a species of worm not covered by the worm med, they will still have the worms. A med such as Safeguard kills most worms, but not all. Therefore, the wise thing to do is to collect a random poop sample and have a vet run a fecal float test to determine what species of worms are present in the poop. Then you can select a worming med that targets those worms.

The type of wormer is important. You need one that treats most types of worms. However, if your chickens have a species of worm not covered by the worm med, they will still have the worms. A med such as Safeguard kills most worms, but not all. Therefore, the wise thing to do is to collect a random poop sample and have a vet run a fecal float test to determine what species of worms are present in the poop. Then you can select a worming med that targets those worms.
Thank you I will call the vet maybe he can do me the favor to see what type they are having. They don’t treat birds only farm animals and household pets. I had 3 die of starvation they stoped eating, diarrhea, pale combs, just bad it was sad I dewormed did corid and nothing could save them. Depressing ! Will
Do this I’m using something now for cocci called baycox .. they say it works better than corid.

Back
Top Bottom