Any advice/info on hatching eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Denece&Lacey, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Denece&Lacey

Denece&Lacey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    I think I am going to try to get into hatching eggs. Is this a hard thing to do? I am trying to learn about it. I dont want to mess it up!! Any advice or information will be very helpful!! Thanks:jumpy

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Go to the library and get a book. Read. Read. Read.

Then buy a Hovabator 1588 with a turner . Don't fool with the cheap basic ones.

Do it right and be prepared from the start and you won't be disappointed.

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Have you checked into the hatching egg care guide sticky in this catagory? I love my brower top hatch. the only problem is the flashing light (comes on when the heat is on) and the motor. I do plan to buy the 1588 hovabator one day. Good luck and cant wait to hear what eggs your going to get [​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I agree with everything that Missprissy said.....plus I'd like to add DON'T get discouraged. If you can start with some of your own fertilized eggs or eggs that are locally purchased you'll probably have better luck and won't have wasted so much money on shipped eggs until you have some experiance. It's a learning process for us all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by