any answers to this...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WESTPALMPOULTRYMAN15, Jan 5, 2008.

1. WESTPALMPOULTRYMAN15

WESTPALMPOULTRYMAN15 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    WPB FLORIDA
    hi my hen laid 3 eggs over the past 3 days!!!!she finally started laying:D i think the cold front whooped her into shape lol.well my qwestion is can i take her eggs out of the nest and incubate them??and if i do this will she keep laying? help please thx

2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    You should be able to. I don't have experience but as long as she's had the Roo with her, and you check for the egg being fertile, she should go on laying like it's any other day.

3. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Provided the eggs are fertile you can incubate them. The hen will lay the same whether you take the eggs or not. Unless her system tells her to go broody, she will not set on the eggs anyway. If these are her first eggs most recommend not hatching pullet eggs so you may want to wait till her system has balanced out.

4. WESTPALMPOULTRYMAN15

Dec 30, 2007
    WPB FLORIDA
    i have a rooster that is fairly small compared to my hen and im not so sure he is a rooster??he has gold and black markings on his neck and his crop always flops over 1 of his eyes do you know what king he is?

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    As long as she has had a rooster with her yes you can take the eggs and incubate them, they should be fertile...She will keep on laying...You can keep those out big end up like in an egg carton in the house but not the fridge and gather a few more to make the hatching more profitable....

Gotta post a pic of your rooster for us to guess as to what he may be...and smaller roosters can breed with a standard hen...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  6. WESTPALMPOULTRYMAN15

Dec 30, 2007
    WPB FLORIDA
    k im going to post a pic know

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hope his crop isn't floppy over his eye!!!!!! [​IMG] The crop is located on the front side of the neck...almost to his chest. I think you ment comb. [​IMG]

8. WESTPALMPOULTRYMAN15

Dec 30, 2007
    WPB FLORIDA
    srry thats what i meant:lol:[​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Couldn't resist teasing ya! [​IMG]

10. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Yeah, you should probably post a pic, otherwise if he is not a roo there is no point in incubating them!

Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by