Any ASBC members here?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Kristina, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    I need some help with my membership. I joined online and paid through paypal but haven't heard anything back. I know it's been at least 3-4 weeks. Any of you members over there that might be able to give me a hand? [​IMG]

2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I had the same problem last year when I joined. E-mail the secretary directly with the e-mail for her on the ASBC website. If you still get no answer, e-mail the president.

3. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    What is ASBC???

4. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    american silkie bantam club [​IMG]

I emailed the lady whose email adress is up there. Appears to be the same one on all the pages? I sent another email this afternoon so I'll wait and see. [​IMG]

5. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Yes, its pretty bad when a club doesnt get back to you at a reasonable about of time about inquiries either about joining or a current membership. I am starting to think it is more normal that it should be. It has happened in two clubs to me, and I am not talking about these being as big as APA or ABA.
    If I think correctly, I believe I had to post on the message board to get someone to respond to me about the Silkie Club last year.

6. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    I was gonna try that smoky but seems the MB is for members only? I joined another one too (not a silkie one) and I'm still not marked as a paid member *sigh*. It's probably the same one as you.

7. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Hi Kristina,
    That happened to me too when I joined too. I just emailed her and she responded and a few week later I recieved the current copy of the club newsletter. When you email her, be sure to ask for a copy of the current yearbook. (I don't know if they automatically send it or if you have to ask for it.) The yearbook has listings for all the members and what they breed and contact info for them.

Lisa [​IMG]

8. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Hey Lisa! Thanks for that info...I just joined the yahoo group for them and posted so maybe I might hear something from there.

9. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Breed club secretaries are volunteers with [like most of us] busy lives. Be patient, I'm sure someone will get back to you.

10. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] I think I know whats going on now!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by