Any Aseel/Asil breeders or exhibitors here?

blaundee

Songster
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
I need to learn more about this breed
smile.png
I know they are good fighting chickens, and tough, strong birds, good free range chickens. Any other thoughts/opinions/advice?

I have 2 pair, and I think they are just beautiful. I love gamechickens, I don't and never have fought but I do want to breed and show these.

Pics are welcome!

I've some also, as do other members of this forum that do not tend to post frequently.

Are yours bantam or standard? Did you acquire from an established breeder or a hatchery?

Last edited:
Quote:
Mine are LF, the old guy told me the roosters will be around 3' tall.
smile.png
I've been interested in them for a while, but it's hard to find out much about them.

I finally found an old guy, retired cocker, who was selling some young Aseels. He told me that they are Gan Aseels, that there are different classifications of Aseels. The ones I got from him are 5th generation that he's bred, and are tough, strong, beautiful birds.

I am into raising exhibition poultry, specifically LF Cochins and LF Ameraucanas, and I have no intention of ever fighting these Aseels. I appreciate good, well bred fighting chickens, as my grandpa and uncle raised and fought American Games for many many years. I inheirited all of my grandpa's trophies and I proudly display them- I am the only one of his grandkids that ever got into chickens at all. So- my point is, I do not wish to fight these birds, but I also do not wish to change them from what they are/should be. I do intend to show them in APA shows.

The 2 hens are similar in color and size, both have dark legs with yellow bottoms of the feet and have a very mossy gold laced pattern. The shorter, heavier rooster has dark legs and is nearly black with a little brown ticking here and there, and the taller, slightly lighter rooster (which I like better) has yellow legs and is very mossy gold laced. He has a better "mean" look on his face, has more confidence in himself, and is less flighty than the other rooster, which is what I like about him.

None of my birds have light eyes- reading in the Standard Of Perfection, Aseels need "pearl" eyes to be shown- does anyone have a pic of good pearl eyes to show me?

I talked to the old guy as much as I could, he's pretty deaf so I really couldn't ask him may questions, just did a lot of listening That is the best way to learn, anyway. I will see him again next month, but anything you all can share with me will be greatly appreciated.

Pure bred asils ought to have pearl eyes. Lots of folks have what they think, and truly may believe are asils, that are actually asil crosses, or grades. As in part asil part american game, for example. I posted a pic on your eye question thread, as did some other people, of a hen with pearl eyes. Not an asil though-but an oriental with pearl eyes. The only asil that will even come close to 3' tall are the kulang variety, the APA standardized asil are the small reza type. I thought ghanh was a color, a very dark bbred, but not quite black.
Hopefully someone else who is more knowledgeable than me can be of more help than me. I don't have any asil myself. I just read about poultry a lot!!!
wink.png

Quote:
Hahaha- I have no idea myself, only what I was told
smile.png
I DO know that these birds come from really good fighting stock, and the old guy has been breeding his strain pure, not crossed, but who knows what's in the background.
smile.png
I read the SOP but it is very vauge...

I was just told by a Cornish breeder that sometimes Pearl eyes can take up to 18 months to show...
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom