Any at home remedies fro Pink EYE...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CoopCrazy, Jul 14, 2010.

1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I think i have gotten Pink eye from a girl at work .. i woke up this morning to a lil crust on my right eye, it is slightly swollen and VERY painful... Anyone have any good remedies (i.e. herbal etc...)

2. the lemon tree

the lemon tree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    In my experience, if it truly is Pink eye, whether bacterial, viral, or allergic, it goes away on its own in a few days time. To temporarily remedy the symptoms, try an ice pack or cold towel. I know how uncomfortable it is. Hang in there!

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Thanks I have been using a hot wash cloth and it is helping some...

LIl snot Erica must not have been cleaning down everything like she said she was...

4. the lemon tree

May 12, 2009
    Now's a good time to get back at any co-workers you have beef with. My kind of workplace revenge-bwahaha! [​IMG]

Boy, it's late. I should go to bed.

5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:LOL... I wish I could go to bed.. I dont typically do night shift and its killing me.... [​IMG]

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I remember getting that from dd when she was in preschool. I used EYEBRIGHT tea and/or CHAMOMILE tea. I would steep the tea for a while and use a tea soaked washcloth to clean the eye area.Then I would do a few drops of the tea in my eye after I had cleaned up.Also goldenseal tea is good too.Salt water wash if you have nothing else.

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Pink eye is an infection and you need antibiotics for your eye period, it is very contagious. Wash you hands and anything that touches your eye don't be touching it to other stuff and don't itch it will make it worse and spread germs.

Good luck!

8. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Similasan makes OTC pink eye drops. Breastmilk is supposed to clear it up, too.

9. the lemon tree

May 12, 2009
    Quote:Not necessarily:http://www.webmd.com/news/20060505/antibiotics-good-choice-for-pinkeye

There are 3 different types of conjunctivitis: viral, bacteria, and allergic. Antibiotics, if used, would usually be for the bacterial variety, and only the viral and bacteria types are contagious.

I've used Similasan drops for my allergic Pink eye, but didn't notice a difference in appearance or speed in healing. To each his own though.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  10. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    My eye doctor (goofy old-fashion guy) told me to mix up 1/3 baby shampoo to 2/3 warm water. Soak a washcloth in it, and hold it over your eye like a compress. At least I think that's the ratio! He said there is something in J&J baby shampoo......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by