any australian chook addicts!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vonny, Jun 15, 2010.

1. vonny

vonny Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    legana
    Hi I am new to this web site and fairly new as a chook owner! We inherited 13 isla browns when we bought the house, one went missing 3days later and we had 2 deaths due to mites, I think, they had pale combs and got sick and died. Since through the magic of the internet, I have found out more about chooks I treated them all for mites and one that had a pale comb and looked a wee bit sick, I seperated, I fed her up on spinach leaves and chook food as I had read that mites can cause anemia. She became well again! The kids bought 3 week old babies 3 months ago, silkie cross sussex (we were told) from the pet shop. Now I have 2 roosters! A friend gave us 8 bantams about the same time, 4 grey (unsure) and 4 fluffy footed (still unsure), these are prob duds as havnt had eggs! Thoughits a bit cool in Tassie right now. The rest of the family consists of hubby, myself, 2 teenage girls + one cheeky 4yr old boy. Two aging cats and 2 hairy white often smelly dogs! Any way would love to hear from all sharing my new chook passion!

2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Wow that's a lot of chickens to start up with! Welcome to the boards!

3. vonny

vonny Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    legana
    Quote:oh well we inherited most of them! When Ive had enough I go out back and talk to the chooks! Its relaxing watching them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by