1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Ball Python Lovers in Here??

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by GAChknGirl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    So my Fiance had to have a Ball python so i found him one he is 4 1/2ft long and is amazing temperament he worms his way around his neck then gets on top of his head and worms around i love him.. anyway we went to get him his first rat we got him Friday and got him a rat Saturday since he was ready to eat well needless to say we went to the local Snake Man Gary Liesen to get his rat he also has amazing snakes, well i asked to see some and i walked out with a beautiful female!! I'm such a sucker i am now hooked on them!! anyway i wanted to share my pictures of them!

Monos is the male 4 1/2ft His name means god of pain and sarcasm
    Nyx is my female she is around 18 to 20 inches her name means goddess of darkness
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I've never had any pythons, but I always loved to hold them when I worked at Petsmart. Yours are very pretty!

3. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Wow absolutely lovely snakes. I love snakes. I think it's so cool to feel the way their muscles move as they slither on you.

4. I always wanted snakes too but i never got one :(

5. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Beautiful pics!

We have a ball python as well. He is about 4 1/2 feet long and has a voracious appetite. I think he would eat as many mice and rats as we could throw in his tank at a time.

They are the most tempermental of household snakes, though. [​IMG]

6. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Oh, and his name is Monty, as in Monty Python,...heheheh [​IMG]

7. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    I have a juvenile Ball Python named Chark, he's adorable! He likes to play "snake bracelet" [​IMG] I'm not sure of "his" gender, but I don't really care, I'll find out later on depending on how big he grows up to be. You're not keeping the male and the female together, are you?

8. bsmith712

bsmith712 Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    Dayton
    We have nine of them. :)

9. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    We have had ballpythons for years. They have very even temperments and are the best starter snakes because of it.
    They can be a little picky about what kind of rodents the will eat. Always feed them in seperate cages. They can live in the same cage except for at feeding times.
    You have nice healthy looking snakes. Enjoy!

10. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    From what I understand you can only keep them together if they are the same sex?

They can be picky eaters for sure. When I got Chark, he had been eating live mice for the first couple months of his life and refused to eat frozen/thawed. Then we started braining them for a month or so and it worked great. After he ate brained mice for a while I was able to convince him to eat non-brained mice, and now he's great about eating. He is very friendly and never strikes at people, although I've had to put a tank background on his neighbor's tank; he thinks that Abby the Leopard Gecko is a mouse!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by