Any body here follow fly lady?

MeatKing

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Near Ottawa Ontario Canada
It's a self help cleaning/decluttering website... I don't want to post a link cause I don't want it to be spam? I been following her about 6-7 months and everyday my house is a bit more organized
smile.png
Yes people I know I know how to clean, (housecleaning company here) but often it's seems too much in my house. Any fly friends on here?

I did for a shot while...need to check in again. Been meaning to - I've been so busy being disorganized - I haven't found the time...
smile.png
!

Kidding aside - she makes an impact. I need to be less overwhelmed these days - so I need to visit her site - soon!

Joni

I have looked over the site before and it seemed a bit confusing because it was so cluttered with information.
big_smile.png
But with a baby coming, I have already been steadily cleaning and decluttering. So, I went ahead and signed up this time hoping it will keep me on track.
fl.gif

Ms.FuzzyButts :

I have looked over the site before and it seemed a bit confusing because it was so cluttered with information.
big_smile.png
But with a baby coming, I have already been steadily cleaning and decluttering. So, I went ahead and signed up this time hoping it will keep me on track.
fl.gif

I agree, it is very hard to look at the first few times. I enjoy her emails and her on fb. But don't look at her website often. Although I really should be following baby steps again
hide.gif

Do you look at her pics on fb? The really motivate me
.​

Hey yall. I just found this thread and wanted to add that I've loved the Fly Lady for years. Her guidance made a HUGE difference in my home. And not just with the clutter. Every little step that she asks me to take in getting clutter out of my home ends up getting clutter out of my life too.
Just a few weeks ago, I was finding myself (more than usual) grumpy, grouchy and unmotivated - I realized that I had been skipping even the most basic steps in her 'program' and it was having an effect. So now I'm back to shining my sink and getting dressed - down to my shoes (even on the weekends).
big_smile.png

By the way, the website has had a huge re-vamp and is much easier to navigate now.

There's just something about shoes and a clean sink that makes the whole day better!
wee.gif
My mom introduced me to Fly Lady at the age of seven, and what's stuck with us the most is the habit of getting rid of things.
love.gif

Flylady website, like many things, was easier to follow before it got improved. Right now, it can be a little overwhelming, particularly if you try to take it all at once. If you are starting, go to the Babysteps. The Zones make things easier too. Like do 15 minutes per day in whatever zone is on for that week. Like the kitchen, bedroom, whatever. By doing that you will get caught up. I don't do the whole thing but I do do the following, and it makes my life so much easier.

1. Make the bed.

2. Get dressed to shoes

3. Swish and swipe the bath (takes about two minutes, and if you do this the bath is always company ready)

4. Do one load of laundry per day, all the way through. Meaning wash dry, and put away.

5. Keep the sink clear and the dishes done

6. Keep cupboard doors and drawers shut, and put things away when I finish with them

3. Swish and swipe the bath (takes about two minutes, and if you do this the bath is always company ready)

'Because everyone deserves a clean toilet to throw up in."
I just about fell out when she said that. But you know, it was only about a month after I started following her steps when I suddenly came down with the flu. I CAN NOT express how grateful I was for my newly (nearly) sparkling clean bathroom.
big_smile.png

I followed her before in the past but I was spending too much time on my computer and my dirty clothes started piling up and my house became a mess, so I had to stop following her. :lau

Back
Top Bottom