Any Boys -- Langshans at 6 Weeks?

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
Maybe early, but I don't have much experience with sexing breeds that have large, single combs and could use the help. Hatchery Black Langshans from Ideal.

Purple band
0701210900.jpg
0701210900_HDR.jpg
0701210901b.jpg

Green band
0701210901c.jpg

0701210901b.jpg

Blue Band -- the only one that's feathered as well as the non-Langshans.
0701210902a_HDR.jpg
0701210902d_HDR.jpg

Could you tell me what you're basing that on so that I can learn? :)
At six weeks pullets should have very small combs and almost no wattle development, like blue band.

Purple band has a large comb for 6 weeks, a fair amount of wattle development, and he's starting to get color in those areas.

Green band has less development than purple band, but still more than a pullet would have at 6 weeks.

At six weeks pullets should have very small combs and almost no wattle development, like blue band.

Purple band has a large comb for 6 weeks, a fair amount of wattle development, and he's starting to get color in those areas.

Green band has less development than purple band, but still more than a pullet would have at 6 weeks.
Totally agree!

I agree with all the above. Blue band has a small yellow comb still, other two are pinking up already and are starting to develop wattles. At only 6 weeks of age, this is pretty telling for a cockerel in single combed breeds.😊

Thank you for the explanation.

Looks like I may be claiming the 90% accurate sexing guarantee since this order only had a dozen chicks.

Back
Top Bottom