Any Breed Guesses? *pic heavy*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pyxis, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Hey guys, I have some chicks I hope you can identify for me. Two were mystery bantams, one was just marked as a pullet, and one I'm suspecting may have been mis-marked. I got them all at TSC, and out of all the many employees I asked, not one could tell me where they came from. Only clue I have is that they mostly got them on Mondays and Tuesdays, and my light brahmas were still young enough to have their egg teeth at the time they were received and I bought them. I have a bunch of pictures of each, but I put them in order by chick to help make everything neater and more organized. I'd like to apologize beforehand for the carpet in these pictures - when I let them out I like to throw down a little starter for them to forage for and find. I vacuum up what's left when I put them away. I also apologize fore picture quality. Until my new camera shows up I'm stuck with my cell phone. Any help is appreciated!

Kiwi:

This is Kiwi. She has a sort of flighty nature, if that helps at all. She's three weeks old. As a side note, I have no idea of the real genders of any of these guys except the pullet, I just don't like "it" ;)
    Body Pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A picture of her tail and how she carries it:
    [​IMG]

And the best close-up of her comb I could get:
    [​IMG]

A size comparison of her and Mango, a one and a half week old silkie chick:
    [​IMG]

Blueberry:
    Blueberry had a really rough start to life. I had them grab him for me specifically, and he was lethargic and had a bad eye infection. He's better now, though, and I'd really like to know what he is! He's three weeks old.

Body Picures:
    [​IMG]

This one shows the color of his belly:
    [​IMG]

This is a good picture of how he carries his wings:
    [​IMG]

And some comb shots. He gets squirmy when away from the others, so pardon the quality:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Size comparison of him, Mango, and Kiwi:
    [​IMG]

Unnamed (still trying to think of a good one!
    This one was marked as a golden-laced wyandotte, but...I'm skeptical. She's about a week old.

Body and Wing Feathers:
    [​IMG]

Comb:
    [​IMG]

Size comparison between her and one of my little monsters, Apple - one of the two four week old light brahma chicks:
    [​IMG]

Marang:

I'm thinking this little girl is an amberlink, but let me know what you think. Don't worry, she's just sleepy in the first pic, not sick. I roused her from her nap on my knee for these pictures. Oh, and if anyone wants to guess leghorn, she's a reallllllyyyyy friendly one - she loves to be picked up, likes to nap on my lap, and adores being petted. Not skittish in the slightest. Then again, she could just be an exception to the rule.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Your picks didn't show up.

I use the photobucket app and it works very well to copy and paste the picture URL's.

3. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Weird, they show up for me, and I uploaded them all to photobucket...perhaps I'll just have to post direct links.

4. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Maybe it's because I'm using a hand held device myself???

I don't have a computer currently, so I can't check. Maybe others see your pics then.

Do you see my Luna? This is posted through the photobucket app.
    [​IMG]

5. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Okay, I tried a different method of posting the pictures. Do they work now? Oh, and Luna is adorable :love

6. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN

It remains the same. :(. I don't know if others can see them through their computer. Are you using the picture URL[\img] method?

I really don't know? I use an apple itouch. I also use talkatap app in the apple app store, but it costs money. I can post pics right from my itouch, but I prefer photobucket.

I see the links when I go into safari. I didn't click yet. I see your pics!

7. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Well, I tried that method first, then I tried using the upload url method...I may just have to direct upload them from my computer at this rate...it's very odd. Maybe it's the spoilers? I'll try taking them out. Or perhaps at this rate it'll be easier to just put the direct links up.

8. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    They all look like girls to me. I bought a light brahma too, s/he is two weeks old. You have a nice flock!

That's also not a golden laced Wyandotte. Not sure the breed, but she looks like a girl. GLW's are black as chicks.

9. Nicole01

Mar 28, 2011
    MN

All I see in the bottom on my iPod touch is the spoilers. When I went into safari I saw the chicks. I've never had problems seeing pics before. Anyways cute chicks!

Here's my LB at barely two weeks and now growing a tail. Mine is so yellow, I thought it was a mix at first.
    [​IMG]

10. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Thanks! I was pretty sure she wasn't a golden-laced wyandotte. I really wonder what she is? They had whatever her and her 'siblings' were in a bin with a bunch of leghorns. I'm almost leaning towards a black japanese bantam for the black one because of the way she carries her wings. I'd love a second opinion on that, though ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by