any breeders close to Panama city FL

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by pidgey104, Jul 17, 2008.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I'm looking for some hatching eggs that are close by. I don't care what breed. just no mutts or old english. Please PM for your egg price and I'll pick some up from you. [​IMG]

2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Pidgey I am in Dothan. Did you go to the National Peanut Festival Fair Chicken show last year? I met someone their from Fountain but I cannot remember the name. I have RIR' and Orps but I have so many broodies in the Orp pens that I am only get a few eggs a day and the RIR girls are a little slow right now too. How many eggs are you looking for.?

3. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    yeah that was me. You had silkies and RIRs there. I'm going to try showing there this year.What do I have to do to show there though. I had the NPIP come out in DEC. Do they need to come out again?? Yeah I was just looking for a few eggs closer because My inubators are getting emety and I have'nt had any luck from the trade eggs at all [​IMG] .and I sell my eggs all the time at work that I get no left overs to hatch.

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Okay, well glad to know its you. I also had Black Orpington pullets I showed.
    I just hope they have a show again. The Alabama Bantam club used to put it on but they didn't have a show year before last and so Auburn Universities Poultry Science department decided to do this one.. The National Peanut Festival leaders are just about no help at all. I had to do all the calling. The only reason I knew they were going to have one last year is because of the State people who came out and did the NPIP testing told me they heard. I then called and got the Peanut festival folks to send me info and form fill out which I had to send to Auburn. It cost 2 dollars a bird to show. The only other problem i found was they were not very organized and the people who were trying to set up had never been to a poultry show. I helped them out a little by telling them how to organize the breeds. They didn't have but 2 large Cages for my large birds so my RIR's had to go into smaller ones and it frazzled my RIR pullets tail feathers. They promised to have more large cages if they do it again. I will let you know when I find out anything. I will probably call next month to see if there are any plans.
    If your were tested in Dec you should be fine. The state will be there to test a certain number of your birds you are showing which makes me feel better since their were some people who showed who had just bought their birds at a Auction.
    I dont want any sick birds to carry home. I don't buy at auctions and try to do all my own hatching if possible and only buy from NPIP certified for birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by