Any breeders or hatcheries in Mid-Michigan area?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Lynette, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Lynette

Lynette Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone know if their are breeders or hatcheries in or near Lapeer County, Michigan for Cochins, Brahmas, and Silkies? I would like to get these types of chickens next spring and I am alittle afraid of having chicks shipped to me. I know their is usually a minimum number of chicks to ship and I didn't want that many. Plus I like to see them when I am buying them so I get a better idea of what they look like.

2. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Check in with member shelleyb1969 - she has two of the three you're looking for, I believe. She's near the thumb.

3. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Hi Lynette, and welcome to BYC!

I'm in Brown City...just east of you. I raise Cochins and Silkies. You can check out my website to see my birds if you like.

Thanks, Wynette, for thinking of me!

4. Lynette

Lynette Chillin' With My Peeps

I live in North Branch, so I am only about 15-20 minutes away. I looked at the birds on your website and they are absolutely beautiful. The one in your avatar is so pretty. The birds that I am interested in are the Blue and Colombian Cochins, the Salmon Favorelle, the Delaware, and the white and buff Silkies. If you have any of the chicks available in the spring please let me know. I am very interested in raising them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by