any Brinsea eco 20 users in east Texas area

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickensassy, Aug 4, 2011.

1. chickensassy

chickensassy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2011
    Texas
    can any Brinsea eco 20 in east Texas help me (a first timer) with some pointers?

2. Lark Rise

Lark Rise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    East Central Georgia
    Sorry, I'm not in east Texas, but a few tips I've learned from other BYC members for starting with the Brinsea ECO 20. Hope this helps you. Hope you get more answers from other BYCers,too.

1)Have a reliable hygrometer. I have 2 from PETCO from the reptile section. They are both spot on after calibration. I usually run my humidity 45-50% for the first 18 days, then bump it up to 65-70% for lockdown.

2)Have a reliable thermometer. Some use the Brinsea spot check. I have one that I know works. I adjusted the temperature (before setting eggs) in the Brinsea according to the temperature at egg level and not according to the glass thermometer. The glass thermometer in my Brinsea reads around 101F for it to be 99.5 F at egg level.

Best of luck.

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Quote:X2.. always measure temp at egg level.. I still have no idea why they put the thermometer way up in the top..

I'm near cen-tex.. lol.. a bit far from east texas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by