1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Cackle Hatchery Info?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Schultz, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well late last night my husband and I decided that our next chickens should be Silver Laced Polish. We looked at a couple of sites and the next thing I knew the credit card was out and 5 of them will be headed our way. This morning I thought I better check with BYC to make sure this hatchery has a good reputation since I have never ordered chickens before. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Cackle Hatchery is the best.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  3. cackleberries

cackleberries Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Arkansas
    You could not ask for a better hatchery. I have ordered from them MANY times and have always gotten lively and healthy chicks.(only had one chick die out of 20+ orders they refunded my account immediatly) they grow into beautiful adults.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Excellent!! Thanks, that's the kind of news I wanted to hear!!!

5. durtywater

durtywater Out Of The Brooder

that actually makes me feel better since i have an order of 50 rirs hens to be here march 6...still 2 more weeks seems like it taking forever...lol

6. tulie13

tulie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    NW Florida
    I was looking at Cackle for our chicks, but I wanted some Speckled Sussex pullets, and Cackle only sells SS as straight run. [​IMG] So I went with Meyer instead. Hope everything works out OK, I haven't really seen anything bad about Meyer!

I ordered Buff Orps, SS and EE pullets. I'm so excited! [​IMG] Good luck with your chickies! [​IMG]

7. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks! We ended up ordering Polish, Cochins and Production Reds from them. Good luck with yours too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by