Any cake decorators?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Pelican49, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You can blame my son for this one. He called about 2 weeks ago to say Thanksgiving was at his house this year. Thanksgiving? I said, "son, you know it's July, right?". He and his wife have had their house now for 3 years. They "did" Thanksgiving last year, but didn't have nearly as many people as they wanted. They invited too late, so they're getting a jump on it this year. They don't want to hear any "we already have plans". Too funny. My DIL is Jewish and half her family celebrates Hannakah and half doesn't. So they all get together at Thanksgiving. Should be a big group, but they're a fun group.

Anyway... I've done a couple cakes with fondant. Both were for my daughter's baby showers.
    For my Grandson. Not great, but my 1st attempt.
    [​IMG]

And for my Granddaughter, a bit better.
    [​IMG]

So I'm poking around looking at cakes for Thanksgiving and spotted this one on the Wilton site. I must try it for Thanksgiving this year. Is this too clever, or what?
    [​IMG]

I'd love to see cakes others have done.

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I do a little my self. Usually just for kids birthdays or co-workers birthdays and that sort of thing. I did this for a co-workers son's 16th Birthday.
    [​IMG]

3. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Thats so cute!!!!

4. AllTheseCreatures

AllTheseCreatures Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW. [​IMG]

Cake decorating is something I'd like to learn more about, but haven't put the time into it. All of my attempts have been pretty awful so far. LOL Looking forward to more pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by