any chick toys i can make?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jason180sx, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jason180sx

jason180sx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    ireland
    does anyone have any ideas for toys for chicks

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

mirror, stuffed animal, feather duster installed so it hangs over the brooder and they can stand under it, little wide roost they can practice with (but they shouldn't roost too early as it can deform the bone)

also tiny cardboard box cut out to make a shelter they can stand underneath (use caution as they will pile in corners and suffocate- I make mine more like a carport with open ends)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  3. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    what about a model car?

4. tinydancer87

tinydancer87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    SE Georgia
    Awhile back I had 4 chicks in a cardboard box in the house. I also have parrots, and had purchased a "Snuggle Hut" for the parrots, which they did not use. It's like a little fleece/fabric hut with a hole in it.

I put it in with the chicks, and they LOVED it! They would sleep inside it, practice dustbathing in it, just hang out in it and preen. They got really good at barreling in and out of it. They used it until they couldn't fit through the hole anymore, and then they slept around the bottom. It was the cutest thing ever.

5. tinydancer87

tinydancer87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2011
    SE Georgia
    I forgot to say that I also bring in suitable branches from outside and put them in with older chicks. They usually love snoozing on them and picking around in the bark.

6. humpbacks1962

humpbacks1962 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    Make a pile of fall leaves, evergreen needles, starw, hay, etc., and just hide a ripe tomato or something really yummi inside. Let them dig for the treasure

7. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    hanging fruit just out of there reach .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by