Any chicks for sale in NW Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ozarkjeep, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ozarkjeep

ozarkjeep In the Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Fayetteville, AR
    well thats good to know.

Son is 11, daughter is 8, and they are both very excited!

IT seems as if 2-4 hens will give us enough eggs, since we dont eat them everyday.

Are they bad for people with allergies?
    cats make me sneeze from 20 feet, wondering if the birds will do the same to me?

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    That is really going to depend on your allergies. My husband is allergic to cats (yeah, we have them anyway) but not birds. My brother however, is allergic to both. My youngest son has severe asthma. I don't let him in the coop at all, but he plays with them in the yard all he wants. Just a precaution. You will just have to see how you react....then load up on Claritin!!! LOL

Here is my red sex link, Lily, with her boy....my oldest son. They love each other so much. [​IMG] She loves shoulders and wants to ride on his all the time. This was a couple of months ago and she is a bit bigger now (but still loves shoulders).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  3. ozarkjeep

ozarkjeep In the Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Fayetteville, AR
    asthma..

I didnt even think of that, my son has slight asthma.

hmmmm

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I would just be extra careful of the dust...perhaps a mask inside the coop. My son has to use a daily maintenance medication and when it is good a rescue inhailer 2 or 3 times a week.....with the current weather it is daily. So, his is really bad. Since you are used to dealing with asthma, you know the precautions and I am sure he will do fine. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: