1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any Christmas songs get on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Q9, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Q9

Q9 General Headache

I'll tell you a few that I am sick to death of, in no particular order. Most of these also involve what is most probably a failed attempt at humor.

Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Yes, by all means, let's sing about a fat jolly guy in the habit of spying on people and then breaking and entering. [​IMG] Gets played WAY too much.

Here Comes Santa Claus - This one seems to me to be extremely materialistic. The only celebration/giving of thanks mentioned is for the aforementioned fat guy that gives you free stuff.

Feed the World (not sure if that's the actual name of the song) - This is played every half hour. [​IMG] I have no idea why, but it's mind-blowingly annoying.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - What does a flying deer with a radioactive nose have to do with Christmas, aside from his association with the fat guy?

Frosty the Snowman - This one baffles me even more. A possessed snowman? How on Earth does that relate in any way to Christmas, aside from its brief, insignificant mention in the song?

CHRISTMAS SHOES!!! - [​IMG] This is so sugary sweet and sappy that I could puke. Seriously, the kid's mom is DYING, and he's out buying her shoes?! Priority check, please! By far the most annoying.

Chipmunks - This is playing right now, and it's honestly just flat-out creepy. The high-pitched voices are really grating my nerves, too. ALVIN!!! SHOW YER HEAD SO I CAN BLOW IT OFF!

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Great, now the fat guy is a pervert. [​IMG]

I REALLY want more of "O Come, All Ye Faithful," "Joy To The World," "The First Noel" and "Mary, Did You Know?" as well as other quality songs like "Silver Bells," "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" and "Home for the Holidays." I kinda like the old sound of "Home for The Holidays."

Please don't get mad at my poor sense of humor, especially when it involves Santa Claus. [​IMG]

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Feliz Navidad.
    Feliz Navidad
    Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano y Felicidad

Is it stuck in your head now too?

[​IMG]

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] LOVE the commentary...

Feliz is also one that gets lodged.

But I love getting the Redneck Days of Christmas in my head... I've caught myself singing that one in June and I just get a giggle... and then extra giggles when those around me realize what it is and give me the "now honey did you forget your meds again?" look.

4. Brody's Broodello

Brody's Broodello Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Doesn't get on my nerves but the line in the Feed The World song that is sooo bazaar. Thank god it's them instead of you! When they are talking about people starving in Africa. Oh that's the Xmas spirit!(Hehe we have tons of food, Oh thank god their the one who is starving. Whew, we're good here!) That's the vision that come's to my head when I hear the song, the British Rock stares all thinking that as they sing!

5. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:Good to know that someone shares my twisted sense of humor. [​IMG] I actually LIKE Feliz Navidad... [​IMG] I can usually drive a song out of my head by listening to Weird Al, or a military march. [​IMG]

6. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Brody's Broodello :

Doesn't get on my nerves but the line in the Feed The World song that is sooo bazaar. Thank god it's them instead of you! When they are talking about people starving in Africa. Oh that's the Xmas spirit!(Hehe we have tons of food, Oh thank god their the one who is starving. Whew, we're good here!) That's the vision that come's to my head when I hear the song, the British Rock stares all thinking that as they sing!

I think that's actually supposed to be a guilt trip.​

7. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Little drummer boy! I have a thing where I hate repeatition (sp?) and the pa-rum-pa-pum-pum is just too much! But I love the Christmas shoes song....[​IMG]

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Bah humbug..

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  9. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:I like ONE version of it, and it's the one with ACTUAL snare drums in the background. I despise the other versions, though.

10. Indiana farm chick

Indiana farm chick Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2010
    Wawaka, Indiana
    I agree with Q9--I HATE the Christmas Shoes!!!!!!!!!!!

This year "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" is wearing thin. I have to listen to several different stations because it seems each one only plays about a dozen songs in rotation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by