Any clue on breed and gender ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by maidmarian13, Oct 7, 2016.

1. maidmarian13

maidmarian13 Just Hatched

Jun 12, 2016
    [​IMG]

Sorry I couldn't get close for a good pic lol

2. maidmarian13

Jun 12, 2016
    [​IMG]

3. Bills vs Beaks

Bills vs Beaks Overrun With Chickens

Aug 31, 2016
    NJ USA
    The one in the back is definitly a male and the one in the front is probably a girl. Are they the same age? If they are, then its a girl.
    As for breed...they could be mixes. How big are they? They look like a call body shape(I think).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. maidmarian13

Jun 12, 2016
    Wegot them from an auction bless them so no clue ... poor things where in a box but the further away one does nake noice and iv heard thats usually females ? Its no matter really they are pets but was curious lol

5. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    I would say mixed breed or very very bad quality call ducks ( not really bad quality they are probably great birds, bad quality means that they don't meet what the breed is supposed to look like )

6. PINOAK RIDGE

PINOAK RIDGE Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2016
    Tennessee
    Agree, they are probably poor quality call ducks or call duck crosses. The one in the back is definitely a drake. Would need a better pic of the other one to give reliable info.

Hope this helps. Good luck & enjoy your ducks.

PINOAK RIDGE
    Call ducks in: Apricot Silver, Aztec Blue, Black, Blue, Blue Fawn, Buff, Butterscotch, Chocolate, Grey, Khaki, Pastel, Snowy, Silver & White.
    Black East Indies, Miniature Silver Appleyards, Mallards and Silver Mallards.

Silkies: Black, Blue, Buff, Grey, Partridge & White
    Bantam Cochins & Frizzles: Black, Blue, Silver, Mottled-Black & Blue, Millie Fluer (Calico) and White.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by