Any cochin or brahma bantam breeders nearby?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SilkiesAndSuch, Aug 5, 2010.

1. SilkiesAndSuch

SilkiesAndSuch Silkie Daddy

Jan 27, 2010
    Mayo
    Hi, I absolutely love bantam cochins and was wondering if anyone in the Mayo, Live Oak, Perry, Lake City, or Branford area of Florida have any juveniles or older birds for sale(I can't take chicks at this time). They don't have to be show quality, in fact I would prefer them to not be show quality if possible(i don't have the funds for show quality cochins, as my money in being used on my show quality silkies) I just would like them to be "relatively" purebred, "relatively" meaning that I know no chicken is totally purebred, but I would like the birds to at least somewhat conform to the standard and not be mutts(an example being i would like blue cochins to come from blue cochins, not a blue cochin and some other bird). I especially like the blue and black varieties and LOVE the golden laced and columbian varieties(would really prefer either golden laced or columbian)

Just send me a PM if you live nearby and have some birds for sale or will in the future. I am not wanting to order from a hatchery because I will not have time to raise chicks(Fall semester of college is coming up, hooray......) I live in Mayo Florida and can travel to get them if you live in or near any of the towns/cities listed above. I cannot travel much further than that because I am 18 and limited with how much I can spend on gas.....sigh.... Thanks very much!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  2. SilkiesAndSuch

Jan 27, 2010
    Mayo
    Oh and by the way, I am looking for at least around 4 to 5 hens and 1 rooster of the same color so that I can have a well-established flock and breed just the one color. So if you have any of the colors I mentioned above and have at least 4-5 hens of the same color to go with a rooster of the same color, I will love you and hug you and squeeze you and call you George!

OH I ALMOST FORGOT!

I am also interested in bantam brahmas, preferable light or dark if possible, though I still prefer light brahmas to dark. I am trying to get rid of my standard light brahmas as they eat a little too much, but love light brahma coloring and temperament. Figure I might as well get what I love in a smaller package that doesn't eat so much food lol. Same rules apply as with cochins, would like birds of the same color and age, don't have time for chicks, yada yada yada.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  3. Vnctan

Vnctan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
    Try emailing Pidgey104. She's located in Fountain,Fl and she breeds Bantam Cochins. She has a ton of chicks, eggs, and might even have a few birds for sale cheap.

4. SilkiesAndSuch

Jan 27, 2010
    Mayo
    Thanks I will look her up [​IMG]

5. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    she has good bantam cochins some came from me!! [​IMG] supper nice lady [​IMG]

6. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    check with KellyHM she was looking to get rid of some cochins not long ago Dixiechick in Old Town has some but hers are show chickens

7. SilkiesAndSuch

Jan 27, 2010
    Mayo
    dang...i looked and both of them were too far away.... [​IMG] oh well.....

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I have a few little roos that are free to a good home. I think i have 2 black ones...... I sold some of my Blues, might have a Barred roo... but I'm out of gals at this time, except for a young pair of Buff Frizzles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by