Any Couponers here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by BarefootMom, Mar 15, 2011.

1. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    I have just got started in the coupon world this year. My goals are to stock up on non-perishable items. I am a stay at home mom of 2 and my husband works 40 hours a week, plus we have the farm. I have been trying to figure out ways to save us money.

I love that I can get items for free with coupons!

I have stockpiles of certain things-like for one laundry detergent:
    [​IMG]

That^^ is enough to do 598 loads of laundry. I also have deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, allergy medicine, Excedrin/ibuprofen, and dish soap stockpiled. Canned goods I really don't stockpile because I can and freeze so much in the summer. We raise our own beef and just put 525 pounds in the freezer last week-plus we have the chickens and the rabbits.

I buy/sell coupons on eBay and trade with friends. Some people think I am nuts, but I call it being thrifty!

Anyone else?

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Oh honey you'd fit in perfect over on Sufficient Self! I stock up by following the 6 week sale cycle and buy enough of each sale item to last 6 weeks. I use a few coupons, but generics are generally less expensive even after counting off the coupon! There are a few items with which I am brand loyal, but others I just don't use coupons for even if I have coupons. I make my own laundry soap [​IMG]

3. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    I have tried over there, but don't get many responses. guess there is just not enough traffic.

4. nifftiness

nifftiness Out Of The Brooder

I Love coupons. When my kids were babies I used coupons for all their diapers and such. Though in Canada I dont think our coupons are as good. We have a flyer that comes out once a month with coupons and is great for things like shampoo and deoderant, And its great to find certain stores that let you use multaple coupons for one item. Here London Drugs lets you use multiple coupons so long as they have a different bar code.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by