Any Creative Ideas?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BarredCometLaced, Feb 2, 2012.

1. BarredCometLaced

BarredCometLaced Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Northern NH
    For school, i am doing a scrapbook on slavery and I am completely stumped on one part of it, and i was wondering if anyone with a mind more creative then me could help out?

SO, the way that the project works is that you make a page on a topic relating to slavery only using primary resources and for each page you need a non-picture artifact relating to that event. There are 18 Topics.

I was able to find an artifact for every topic EXCEPT for one. The project is nearing its deadline and i am starting to get panicky. My sister has done the project before but refuses to help me, answering even the simplest questions with "I don't know" and/or "maybe".

Any way, i'm stumped on what i could use as an artifact for The Compromise of 1850. For the Missouri Compromise i used a feather pen so i cant use that for this one, but i cant think of anything else that would work [​IMG]

I would appreciate any suggestions,

THANKS!

2. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    Go with some deeper symbology. Maybe a mockup of a burning fuse running to a stick of dynamite.

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Print out a document from that Compromise and "age" the paper it's printed on by burning a few places around the edges, make some tiny tears and so forth to make it look like an old document. You may be able to find a printable background that already looks like that.

4. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    maybe a cutout of the US map showing the disputed territories before and another cutout showing the disputed territories after the compromise. wikipedia has maps showing those transitions (before, after) here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compromise_of_1850

I'm thinking kind of like a puzzle, maybe, with one piece the slave states, one piece the non-slave states, one piece the disputed territories.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by