1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Any CVS shop-aholics here?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bethandjoeync, Apr 21, 2009.

1. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    just curious if anyone else shops at cvs, and uses the extra care bucks the way I do, with coupons, and barely pay anything out of pocket?

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    [​IMG]
    I do! I love getting extra value $ and just last week I was able to combine $7.50 bonus bucks with a $3/off over 15 and then a manufacturer coupon on top of that. I ended up saving about $14 and got another $3 off coupon when I checked out [​IMG]
    It's close to my house so it makes it very easy to go too.

3. bethandjoeync

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    it is so much fun!! the sales have kind of sucked the past few months and I have barely been, but I am sure it will pick up again.

4. justonemorehatch

justonemorehatch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Sure do, I have giant stockpile of shampoo, conditioner, soap and toothepaste right now.

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

We don't have CVS here yet. It's taking over our small drug store chain, so it will be here soon. I'm sad to see Long's Drugs go, but I'm hoping CVS will be decent. [​IMG]

6. bethandjoeync

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    Quote:cvs is awesome!!
    but without using extra care bucks (ecbs as I call them) and coupons, they are expensive. but with the ecbs (which is like cvs monopoly money) they are super cheap. most of my transactions are under $1 and I get a ton of stuff. last week, with only using cvs coupons and manufacturer coupons, I was able to get 4 schick intuition razors (b1g1 free sale) 6 bottles of excedrin all for $3, and half of that was tax. believe me with the ecbs and sales and manufacturer coupons it is so worth it. they practically pay me to take this stuff home.

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/cvs-need-hand-were-here-help/28157-cvs-rookies-101-a-9.html

this is where I learned how to get started with cvs-ing.

7. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I have a JC Penny credit card. I guess that CVS and JC Penny are related cause my JC Penny credit card works at CVS. I dont use it, I just pay the yearly charge to keep it alive. I forget about the extra care bucks.

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    My very first job was at a CVS. I started Nov. 1, 1981. I even know what CVS stands for (Consumer Value Stores) and that their headquarters are (or were) in Woonsocket, RI! They were a newish store when I started working there so I used to think it was cool to see them in other places when I was on vacation. I'd actually take pictures of them.....
    I'm officially a CVS dork! But I had no idea they were connected to JCPenney. I don't think they were back then. There were several stores where I could use my employee discount and that wasn't one of them.

9. bethandjoeync

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    Quote:FORGET ABOUT THE EXTRA CARE BUCKS!!!! [​IMG] I can't imagine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by