Any day now...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Prisserbabe, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Prisserbabe

Prisserbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    The chicken coop
    Waiting for eggs from 7 pullets at 17 weeks! So excited we have some squaterss too [​IMG] Come on girls give me a egg and soon please!!! [​IMG]

Any body else out there waiting for eggs?

2. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    I still have six girls I'm waiting on!

3. Bravo

Bravo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    CA
    Quote:WOW! I am so jealous. I am 11 weeks ahead of you and only 2 are laying out of 20 LOL! 17 weeks are new hatchlings around here [​IMG]

4. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Just this morning I had a text message from my friend (for whom I fostered three chicks up to the age of 8 weeks) with a picture of her first TWO eggs. Her three were hatched/born the same day as my four girls, all seven of whom are now turning 21 weeks old. So we were both on the "Egg Watch." Now, she's beat me to it. Twice. Granted, her girls are BR, RIR, & BO. Mine are SLW, BLRW, JG & BO. My only solace is that the two eggs were from the RIR & BR, who are better known for their laying than my breeds. But if her BO has laid her first before mine, I may develop some seriously green eyes!

Actually, my girls free range a lot more than hers do....so maybe my eggs are already here, just in the bushes! (They love to hide between the hedge and the fence. Weather permitting, I'll be scouring the nooks and crannies this weekend!)

But I am very happy for my friend and proud of my foster girls. It all comes of from good brooding, of course.

mm

5. lizi.beth915

lizi.beth915 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Harford County, MD
    Quote:Samesies! i have 7 pullets at 17 weeks! AHHHH! Give me my eggs!!! [​IMG]

6. Prisserbabe

Jul 8, 2011
    The chicken coop
    Quote:WOW! I am so jealous. I am 11 weeks ahead of you and only 2 are laying out of 20 LOL! 17 weeks are new hatchlings around here [​IMG]

My goodness thats crazy!!! [​IMG] hope they come soon for you [​IMG]

7. Prisserbabe

Jul 8, 2011
    The chicken coop
    lizi.beth915 :

Quote:Samesies! i have 7 pullets at 17 weeks! AHHHH! Give me my eggs!!! [​IMG]

Haha thats awesome We the same! [​IMG] maybe we wil get eggs on the same day?! [​IMG] LOL that would be awesome [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by