any day now???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by n2h20, Sep 13, 2008.

1. n2h20

n2h20 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Pasadena Ca
    so my oldest are close to 5 months,, no eggs yet but their faces are red and finally showing interest in the nest boxes. i went to check on them in their run/coop and the four of them are all in the coop area checkin out the nest area and fluffing the shavings i have in their, i cant wait!!! this is killing me..,,,,

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Patience is a virtue. Muhahahahaha. Just kidding. the waiting is hell but worth it when they start laying.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Well with 18 hens & 20 weeks behind us, we've gotten one little pullet egg from our Black Star. Only five of the 18 have developed red combs and wattles. The Red Star is HUGE and still hasn't given us an egg. And so we wait... and make numerous trips to the out door opening of the nest boxes. Hoping... waiting...

4. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    We should have a section for help dealing with compulsive nest box checkers lol
    My 5yo son & I were going out every hour when we were home. Of course he was more interested in trying to catch one of the girls, I saw the egg before he did and stayed back & asked if there were any eggs yet. He glanced in the boxes and said no then did a double take when he realized there was a tiny egg beside the golf ball!

[​IMG] hope you get your first one soon!!!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by