Any deer hunters out there...

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by FlatRoofer, Aug 19, 2011.

1. FlatRoofer

FlatRoofer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2011
    Just wanted to see if any deer hunters are on this forum. The season is just about here I can't wait. Has anyone seen any big bucks this year, I would love to hear all about it.

2. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    Yes. We have seen a few nice bucks to far for a bow shot and the next day a group of does came out when we had our rifle. Our season has stated Aug. 15 in part of south carolina.

3. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    Haven't been out to scout yet, but I know they're there. Hunt rifle season in the cold up here in the Northwoods. Used to bowhunt too, but haven't had the time the last few years.

4. Baymen Moe

Baymen Moe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Pembroke, Ma.
    Still in velvet around here for a few more weeks. Our bow season get's under way in October. Can't wait to get started.

5. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    This was opening weekend for archery for our zone. Didn't see a deer, but we had fun anyway. Not seeing deer isn't that unusual for California.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I'm getting the fever as well. Muzzleloader starts in mid September here in Kansas. I have some average bucks on trail cams and tons of does. I just can't wait to get out there!!!

7. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup

8. krstms

krstms MO Hick Chick

Sep 23, 2009
    Missouri
    I just started deer hunting last year. I got two does and am getting the fever already this year hoping for that big buck. I havent seen any yet this year but I've heard of a white (albino) buck that is supposed to be huge in the area. I'd love to get a glimpse of him!!!! My hubby has hunted his whole life. He's the one who finally took me. I fell in love with hunting. Now it's all I can do to wait until season. Doesnt start till november here. Hope everyone has good luck this year!

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I want to "buy" a deer from a hunter and not sure where I can get one if they would do a kill for me. I can either pick up the deer on the field or pay to have it processed.

Where do I find these hunters? Can I buy hunting license for him to fetch me a deer or the hunter have their own quota for the year?

10. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    Well, I don't think it's legal to actually sell wild-harvested game meat anywhere in the country, and I suspect it's also not legal for someone else to shoot one on your license/tag. That said though, we usually have more venison than we can eat and it's perfectly legal and ethical to give it away. My husband has already promised whatever California deer he gets to be split between two friends. I will most likely not get one. It's just a "who you know" thing. Those states that have multiple tags and a big deer problem, I doubt it wold be too hard to find someone willing to give you one, after all, that's one more they get to hunt, but don't have to freeze themselves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by