Any discrepancies in my farm?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by inilog, Jun 11, 2016.

1. inilog

inilog Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2013
    Due to a bunch of problems, I was forced to take photos of my backyard and ask help from you guys out there.
    Here is how it looks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Looking for ways how to fix this.

2. Greenthumb83

Greenthumb83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2016
    In the first pic, I see trash that needs cleaned up. I also see a bag of trash in the little left door way. Is that a coop? Breeding area? Either way, it is very dark, small and lacks bedding. Second pic, that just makes me sad. Why is he alone in such a small space and also without bedding? In the third pic, that ramp/deck looks like a hazard for leg injuries. Forth pic, is that rooster on a leash? It looks like it's attached at the ankle. I personally would not do that.

In general, it looks very unkempt and not a very happy place for your birds. You need proper storage, bedding, lighting, etc. Where is the actual coop? If you are needing to contain roosters, it may be because the lack of management has brought on bad behavior. How many roosters and hens do you have?

3. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    More information would help. What kind of problems are you having? What exactly are you trying to fix? How many chickens do you have, and how many hens vs. roosters? How much space do they have? Feet by feet, or acres - some specific measurements. Not "big enough" or "very big" since that can be open to interpretation. Are you in or near a city or town? Out in the country with no close neighbors? Why is the one bird in that small cage and another one tethered?

4. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    One more question: Why do you have chickens? For meat? Eggs? Because it's fun? If you tell us your goals for your flock, it will help us to better help you.

5. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    What country are you from?

6. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Roosters tied too string by the leg...I don't think this thread is real??
    If it is ? Change it all.

7. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Lots of gamebird, Malay and Asil breeders keep their cocks tethered so they don't kill each other. Something else to also keep in mind, not all BYC members are from the US. We all live differently.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  8. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Sorry....just was a bit surprising too see.
    Good luck cleaning up the place..

9. inilog

Dec 5, 2013
    Philippines.

10. inilog

Dec 5, 2013
    Philippines.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by